Roof and gutters can be severely damaged by ice buildup. Ice dams and icicles form when the accumulated snow on a roof melts and refreezes at the eaves and valleys during the evening. As the cycle continues and the ice dam continues to grow, it prevents the melted water from properly draining off the roof. Eventually, icicles begin to form, potentially creating both structural damage and safety issues.
Roof & Gutter De-icing Heat Trace System
G&D Electric sells and installs Raychem WinterGard heat trace cable. Raychem is a roof & gutter de-icing system that provides gutter protection and helps to prevent the formation of ice dams and icicles on residential apartments, condominiums, villas, and single-family homes.
The roof and gutter heating cable maintains a continuous path for roof snow melt to drain from the roof through the gutter and downspout. This heat trace cable system is ideal for installation on:
- Roofs made from standard roofing materials including shake, shingle, rubber, tar, wood, metal and plastic
- Gutters made from standard materials including metal, plastic and wood
- Downspouts made from standard materials including metal and plastic
Pentair Thermal Management’ roof & gutter de-icing system is a simple design consisting of:
- Electric heat trace cables – the Raychem WinterGard Wet self-regulating heat trace cables automatically adjust power output to compensate for temperature variations
- Advanced control systems – devices such as thermostats and controllers that help trigger the system to energize when the ambient temperature is below freezing.
Raychem gives you the option of operating the roof & gutter de-icing system without a controller by providing connection kits that let you manually turn the system on and off (for 120 V only).
However, if you operate the system with a controller, your roof & gutter de-icing system will automatically be triggered to turn on and off. This provides you a more energy efficient system for maintaining the snow melt and provides proper draining from the roof.
Call G&D Electric today for your free site analysis and estimate to keep your family and home safe.